Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stupid Dating Service

I saw an ad on TV the other day advertising a "Black Only" online dating service. In fact I think I was either watching Intervention or Celebrity Rehab - either way an interesting time slot to plug your company. It did however get me to thinking, why is there a need for "black people only" dating website?

I came to very few conclusions but here they are:

I have several friends, some of which are black. I don't think of them as black, I think of them as regular fucked up as the rest of us people. I disagree with the use of the "n" word - in the sense that it is politically correct for one black person to refer to another black person in that sense, but God forbid anybody else, not of color do it. That is a crock of shit, and needs to either be mutually accepted by all or cut out of the verbiage altogether.

If you ask a scientist if black is a color they will tell you "nope". So why call a website a "black only" website if it isn't a color at all? If it refers to a culture, then anyone south of the Mason Dixon line can join, regardless of their race, creed, color or the amount of teeth in their jowls.

Are black people colorblind and unable to delineate between a large white woman with good credit and a black woman? I'm going to go ahead and say no. Which leads to only one conclusion. There are some black folk who do not wish to integrate with any other race - and I thought that fucking issue went to bed with Rosa Parks. My bad.

What do you think would happen if a "white only" dating service was developed? The ACLU, Jesse Jackson and Maxine Waters would all over that shit like chicken at a picnic.

What if it went a step further and a "white supremacist" website popped up during the CBS evening news? There would be a fucking national outcry and a freeway named after the first guy to complain, or get shot.

I'm not racist, I think every race, religion and creed has its' fair share of assholes and fuckos. That said, they all have some of the finest minds, work ethic and morals as well. I dislike assholes, not colors. Oh yeah, stupid people too.

Let's not regress as a country in the name of the almighty dollar, or some secular vision that was hatched in a delusional state. If you want to date a person of color feel free. Just don't get caught being white on a "black only" sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment