Monday, June 20, 2011

Beauty is in the membership

Greg Hodge, managing director of the website beautifulpeople.com is either a pure fucking genius or the dumbest hypocrite in LA.

Apparently, the aforementioned site is a place where "the beautiful" people can go to meet, greet, screw, make deals, network and exchange exfoliation secrets with other like minded pretty folks. It's similar to eharmony and other fuck sites - except there is an element of physical beauty required - that has to pass an allegedly objective test. Pretty is pretty, perhaps. But pretty is a subjective term.

The requirements to gain membership to the site is for prospective members to fill out some forms and submit photos. Then, other "members" vote on whether to accept the pledging prospects as full blown members. Sounds more like a popularity contest than a fuck site. I'm wondering if there is an ongoing review committee to oversee current members weight, scars and especially the ministry of ink to give their input on tattoos. I bet those fuckers are busy right after New Years with all that eating and shit?

It does however raise the question - who voted on the initial members? I have seen pictures of the two founders of the company, Robert Hintze and Greg Hodge. These two would have a hard time getting on an E-ride at Disneyland let alone being in any position to tell somebody else they are unpleasant to look at. Good thing those cats own the company because there is no way they would have made the cut - just on height alone.

So somebody developed a virus to disrupt the acceptance part of the sights application, rendering some 30,000 new members to bypass the "official" process. Now, these folks, well they're no longer eligible. All due to due to their look and or weight. Of course the membership fees were returned and, wait for it, the shunned ugly peeps were encouraged to apply again.

How many of the fat, uglies will reapply?

The owners Bob and Greg hope all will.....both of these cats look fucking dumb. I'm willing to bet that neither one of them is self made. One, or both of these dudes had a trust fund and between bong hits on a slow Thursday came up with the idea. Has stupid been successful in the past? Yup.Does stupid have longevity? Nope.

I think the business idea these guys have is a rip off from Porsche - scarcity creates a demand and the supply is intentionally low. That said, Porsche makes sexy cars. These guys, well made a vulnerable web site. The business model is good, but short sighted and a pissed off geek with a laptop living in his mom's basement can crush you whenever he feels like it.

To the owners Bob and Greg, feel free to look like men - straight men, unless you're not. You can buy gay clothes, plugs, fake tans and even get therapy. But, height will always escape you both. 

You want to see a beautiful person, walk through Hollywood on a Friday night - but be warned. Just because it has boobs doesn't mean it sits down to pee.

4 comments:

  1. Hey you two,
    I met you down in Malibu tonight, & spotted you hugging & kissing.
    This is a comment to connect with you nice people I met.
    You know who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Frenchpirate - It was great to meet you too! We look forward to seeing your aviary and getting some pictures as well. Thanks for talking with us and we will see you soon in Malibu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I`m always around, & my word is always good.
    I know just about everybody here in Malibu, & if I don`t know them, they know me. Hah.
    You obviously have been to my blog & remember, all images are clickable.
    I must also mention my surprise at your great writing here.
    I think you should be introduced to some of the places I blog on. I wouldn`t want your writing qualities to go unnoticed in my sphere of blogdom.
    Let me know if you`re interested & I`ll send you links to all the sites I blog on.
    Ive been blogging on those sites for years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking we will get back out there this weekend. It is my favorite place in California! Email me at fuqtodd@gmail.com - easier to correspond than up here.
    Your photos are very well done and inspire greatness, showing perfection while elusive is possible.

    ReplyDelete