Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Volunteers can Suck!!

I do it for my girl, for the most part. Usually on Sunday afternoon and occasionally during the week. It takes a few hours a week, except for football season which I'm a no show.

Yup, I volunteer at a local animal shelter.

While this makes me feel good, and I dig the dogs, I do it primarily to spend quality time with my girl. This, in and of itself doesn't make a ton of sense because I put my headphones on and don't speak to too many of the volunteers. Nope, I mainly stick to the dogs and either running them or picking up dog shit - why?

Because SOME of the volunteers suck.

They are self serving, egomaniacal and need constant self validation to survive. Why else would anybody use a dog rescue to define their pathetic existence?

I got nothing! Seriously, nothing! A reason fucking escapes me and it certainly isn't for a lack of trying to find one. Allow me to expand.

There is this one volunteer, let's call him Stove. Stove is an insecure, full of shit asshole with an opinion on pretty much everything dog related. If this dude was so great wouldn't he be a genderbent dog show host on cable?

Stove likes to work with the "problem" dogs, and appears to be more interested in the POTENTIAL rehabilitation of these animals than in serving the overall good of the kennel.

When I first met Stove, it was while I was walking a dog on a Sunday. Stove had a home made chunk of PVC pipe with a leash through it "walking" a dog named Chet. Chet is a cocksucker of a dog. He has bitten at least 3 volunteers at the kennel and who knows how many civilians.

Basically the dog in unadoptable. This factoid doesn't keep Stove from parading this violent, unpredictable animal around not only the volunteers as well as potential adopters.

Stove has been banned from Saturdays altogether. Why? Because Stove will NOT take instruction from women. Dude doesn't appear to respect women. Here is the kicker - all of the decision makers are women.

Here is another fun fact - Stove is, for all intents and purposes, illiterate. When dude feels slighted during the day at the kennel, he runs home to his wifey who writes his emails of despair and complaint - to a bunch of women, most of whom cannot stand to even be in his presence.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but as far as I'm concerned the dude can pretty much fuck off. The bullshit he creates far outweighs any positivity he could now, or even in the future generate for the good of any of the animals.

I will leave you with what this fucker pulled last Sunday, at the kennel.

A group of Girl scouts had showed up to walk some dogs in order to procure their coveted merit badges. Stove is parading a dog let's call Mesley, This dog has a seriously poor history, with bites to employees and volunteers alike.

A couple show up to look for a dog to adopt. Stove somehow works up some magic bullshit Jedi mind trick shit on the entire situation and shows this poor unsuspecting couple Mesley.

It took about two seconds after the wife was petting Mesley when the dog decides to attack this poor woman. Mesley bit her hand and arm, and required another male volunteer to essentially put this dog into a headlock and take him to the ground.

Stove did have to take the woman to the hospital, where she was given stitches.

So what is Stove's reaction to this episode of his own stupidity?? "It's sad that Mesley's fate is now sealed".

Oh yeah, the woman attacked, she is a cop. My hope for Stove is:

A) He gets his fat ass kicked the fuck out the rescue.
B) His wife divorces him, if for no other reason, than for general stupidity.
C) On his way out of divorce court, where Stove just took it in the ass, he gets pulled over by this lady cop.

Stove sucks, and he is a volunteer.

No comments:

Post a Comment