Monday, April 25, 2011

Scarecity and the human intellect

Over the last few days a lot has happened in my world - bad which led to good. I had to be away from the woman I love, and there is some cliche that explains this phenomenon as "absence makes the heart grow fonder".

Fonder of what?

I missed my girl because we were in separate area codes. I missed waking up next to her and the intellectual banter she solicits from me. She truly brings out the best in me.

But, Im no doctor and I don't play one on TV - I'm fairly sure my heart didn't physically grow. If it did I guarantee it didn't get fonder. Bigger, larger, pushing the limits of the pericardium sac perhaps - but in no fucking way was it fonder.

I know, it is a metaphoric statement meant to describe the longing one feels when a lover is missing. But fuck, we have computers, ipads, cell phones and all of this cool shit to play with. One would think someone would have come up with a new and improved way of expressing an emotional addiction by now.

However, I digress. I miss her and am so happy to be headed home, which is not only where she is, but what she is.

BTW - I hit a bunny on my way to Vegas Friday night. Normally this would go unnoticed, except Easter was this weekend. If you didn't get your Easter eggs blame me. Then come scrub your eggs and ears off our car. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment